"And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, April 18, 2011

Practice What I Preach

It's easy to tell someone, "Hey, give it to God! He will work a way to get you through this." and "Trust God for your needs. You know the scripture on the birds and animals not needing to worry..." or my personal favorite "Next time maybe you'll do things differently?" Yep, I'm sure we ALL have been told at least one of those things when we open up to a trusted person about a trial or challenge we face. Well I'm notorious for verbalizing the "Yay Jesus!" lines when my friends are having troubles. Funny though as I recently learned, telling someone to Trust Jesus and then practicing that Trust are two completely different acts and meanings when you haven't fully Trusted God before. Oh, it ain't easy, that's for sure. I received two very discouraging phone calls over two highly important, separate issues. One concerning my children and I having a home to move into in the city of Maricopa, the other concerning my the safety of my sons in school. Needless to say, the move to Maricopa doesn't look promising as I only have till the end of May to find a place, and my sons were taken out of this particular school with their safety in mind. So now what God? This morning I posted on my Facebook page "I'm trading my sorrows and I'm trading my pain. I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord!"
WOW, what a great opportunity to not just post the lyrics of this peppy song of encouragement, but to LIVE what those lyrics are saying! I have sorrow for possibly missing this opportunity to move into our own place. I have pain in seeing my kids go through bullying on top of not having a good, steady male figure for them to go to, outside of the Jesus I present at home (That needs some work as well) ...but in my sorrow I can see that maybe God will provide something better, with a job or other means to pay for it. Somewhere close to my home church even. And maybe this pain will bring in new light for connecting to my sons in ways I haven't before. I can tell you now, since I started my new beginning, things have been far from easy. However, I am seeing my children in a different way. A closer, more connected way. So Lord, help me to practice what I preach. To take the mental note to give it to you, and then to do it! I need all the help you can give me and I know your word wont come back void. Please, help me to experience that and all that comeS with it. Thank you Lord for all you have done, and are going to do... Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment